India’s aviation sector is experiencing exponential growth today and the outlook for years to come is growing.
This growth translates into the birth of new airlines, the emergence of new air routes and a greater demand for aircraft and pilots.
Some of the reasons for this growth are as follows:
- The Indian economy is undergoing positive changes, such as a higher level of wealth of its inhabitants.
- Urban development is also being greater, partly due to state action with its regional connectivity plans. This translates into new projects including the construction of new airports.
Thus, air traffic is estimated to multiply by 5 over the next 20 years, which would mean growing almost twice as fast as the global average.
In this way, India is consolidating itself as the 3rd largest global aviation market, presenting the following figures:
- Annual growth of 8.1% in passenger traffic (global average of 4.4%).
- By 2036, Indian passengers will fly, on average, four times more than they are today.
- Over the next 10 years, the average aircraft to be delivered in India will be one a week.
- Investment in airport infrastructure exceeds $120 million.
- The number of airports continues to grow and will add up to 250 more by 2020.
- New airlines and new routes are created that connect more and more places.
- Airlines estimate that about 700000 new pilots will be needed in the coming years.
Exposed figures it is important to note the importance that regional aviation is having in the growth of the sector. This is how airports are being built for regional flights in areas where large airports already exist.
And in regional aviation, ATR is the aircraft manufacturer that accounts for 50% of the total sales of the segment and is positioned as the preferred option by airlines due to its great versatility and efficiency.
That’s why it’s a perfect time for you to get your ATR rating. So you can fly these aircraft in India, where they are having special prominence, and access great job opportunities in a growing sector.
Achieving ATR type rating is a sure value, so we want you to know about our Indian DGCA ATR42/72 TYPE RATING compliance course.
If you have an Indian DGCA CPL, and are interested in our ATR72-500 and ATR72-600 Type Rating courses, please visit our website or call us at +34951923300.